Tinolang manok is a common comfort food among Filipinos made by boiling the chicken with ginger and garlic, along with green papaya or sayote.
1 whole Chicken chopped
1 cup Malunggay
0 Fish Sauce
5 cups Water
1 small sliced Yellow Onion
3 cloves sliced Garlic
2 tablespoon sliced thinly Ginger
How to Cook
1. Heat pan and put in chicken until oil extracts from it. Take the chicken out (you can use a little oil if needed).
2. In the oil left by the chicken, sauté garlic, onion, and ginger. Put the chicken back in and cook for 5-7 minutes.
3. Add water and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is tender and the broth is flavorful.
4. Add the papaya and cook for 3 -5 minutes. Season with patis, adjust to taste.
5. Turn off the heat and add the malunggay leaves, leave the pan covered for 2 minutes before serving.