A traditional Filipino dish of sour broth, meat, and vegetables.
1 kilo Pork Ribs
1 large Tomato quartered
2 pieces Long Chili (siling pangsigang)
4 pieces Taro peeled and halved
1 piece Radish peeled and slice
1 piece Eggplant sliced
1 pack Tamarind Soup Base
5 pieces Young Okra halved
250 grams Water Spinach (kangkong) halved
2 cloves peeled and diced Garlic
1 medium quartered Onion
2 tablespoons Fish Sauce
2 liters Water
How to Cook
1. Heat oil and sauté garlic and onion until onion turns translucent, then add the tomatoes until soft.
2. Add meat and cook until the outer part has browned.
3. Add fish sauce and water.
4. Add taro and long chili. Simmer for 1 hour (2 hours for beef; 15 minutes for shrimp)
5. Once the taro is soft, mash it with a fork to obtain a thicker broth.
6. Stir in the tamarind powder before adding the okra, eggplant, and radish, simmering until vegetables are soft but firm for about 3-5 minutes.
7. Add water spinach before turning off the heat and cover for 2 minutes before serving.