Vegetable dish popular in the northern regions of the Philippines. Pakbet is a vegetable dish simmered in shrimp paste.
250 grams Pork Belly thinly sliced
1 large Eggplant sliced
1 cup Bitter Melon (ampalaya) sliced
250 grams Squash chopped into 1" inch cubes
3 pieces Tomato sliced
8 pieces Okra
1 pack String Beans cut in 3 inches length
4 tablespoon Shrimp Paste
1 piece quartered Onion
1 tablespoon minced Ginger
3 cloves crushed Garlic
1 cup Water
3 tablespoon Cooking Oil
0 Salt and Pepper
How to Cook
1. Heat oil in a pan. Sauté garlic, ginger, onion, and tomato.
2. Add meat and cook for 5-8 minutes (10-12 minutes for beef) or until all sides have browned.
3. Put-in in shrimp paste and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add squash and cook for 5 minutes, then add the remaining vegetables.
5. Pour water in the pan and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.