Lumpiang ubod is the Filipino version of a savory crepe, it is filled with all sorts of vegetables and with a scrumptious dose of peanut sauce.
4 clove Garlic diced
1 cup Pork cup minced
100 grams Bamboo Shoots (ubod) cut into strips
100 grams String Beans cut into strips
1 small Carrot cut into strips
1 large Turnip (singkamas) cut into strips
1 cup Shrimp peeled
8 pieces Letuce
100 grams Peanuts crushed
4 tablespoons Garlic chopped
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 cup Soy Sauce
1.5 cup Water
1 teaspoon in 1 tablespoon water Cornstarch
1 cup Flour
1 piece Egg
1 tablespoon Oil
1 cup Water
How to Cook
1. For the wrapper: combine flour, egg, and water. Mix until smooth.
2. Heat pan in low fire, brush pan with oil and pour 1/4 cup of wrapper mixture. Cook for 30 seconds and then flip and cook for another 10 seconds. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
3. For the sauce: combine all ingredients except for cornstarch mixture in a pan on low fire, and bring to a boil. Add cornstarch mixture and cook for another minute or until sauce thickens.
4. For the filling: Sauté garlic in low fire, add pork and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until pork is cooked. Add shrimp and sauté for 2 minutes.
5. Add bamboo shoots and cook for 8 minutes. Add carrots and turnip, cook for 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Assemble by placing a lettuce leaf on top of the wrapper. Scoop 2-3 tablespoons of filling on top. Roll the wrapper and pour sauce on top. Sprinkle with peanuts and garlic.