Lumpiang shanghai is an egg roll popular in the Philippines. It can be made out of any meat and is perfect for freezing and cooking at a later time.
0.5 kilo Ground Pork
1 cup Carrot diced
25 pieces Spring Roll Wrapper
25 grams Parsley chopped
2 tablespoon Soy Sauce
1 cup Cooking Oil
0.5 teaspoon Pepper
4 cloves diced Garlic
2 medium Eggs
How to Cook
1. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except oil and wrapper.
2. Scoop 1-2 tablespoon of meat mixture in a wrapper, making sure not to overfill the wrapper.
3. Line up the meat mixture in one end and fold the wrappers side in to make sure that the meat mixture will not spill on its side once fried. Roll until you reach the top end of the wrapper. Moisten the top end with water to seal the wrapper.
4. Heat oil in a deep fryer on low heat. Making sure the oil is hot before putting in the lumpia. Fry for 10-12 minutes.
5. Allow excess oil to drip on a bed of paper towels before serving.