A distinctly Filipino dish, adobo is a cooking process that keeps food from spoiling easily.
1 kilogram Chicken cut into 2" inch cubes
0.25 cup Cooking Oil
2 tablespoon Vinegar
0.5 cup Soy Sauce
3 cloves crushed Garlic
1 liters Water
0.5 tablespoon Sugar
0 Salt and Whole Peppercorn
3 pieces Dried Bay Leaves
How to Cook
1. Combine all ingredients for sauce in a pan and marinate the meat for 30 minutes.
2. Simmer the sauce and meat for 1 hours (1 – 3 hours for beef) or until the meat is tender.
3. Turn the heat off and stir in the vinegar.
4. Heat oil in a separate pan. Remove meat from sauce and fry until all sides have browned.
5. Put meat back in the sauce just before serving.