A delicious stuffed fish recipe often served at parties.
1 hour 30 minutes
1 large Milk Fish
2 pieces Calamansi juiced
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
2 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
0.5 cup All Purpose Flour coat the fish
1 large Carrot cut into strips
1 can Peas
50 grams Raisins
1 cup Water
0 Salt and Pepper
2 cloves chopped Garlic
1 piece Egg
1 small chopped Onion
How to Cook
1. Separate milk fish skin with its flesh by scooping out the insides of the fish gently with a spatula, making your way gently around the skin of the fish. Squeeze until all the flesh and bones are out.
2. In a dish, marinate milk fish with calamansi juice and soy sauce, refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Separate bones from milk fish skin. In a pot, boil 1 cut water that has been lightly seasoned with salt and pepper. Add flesh in the pot and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the water color changes. Drain and flake fish.
4. Heat pan over medium fire and add oil. Sauté onion and garlic, add carrots and cook for 2 minutes. Add fish, raisins, peas, and oyster sauce. Rest and allow to cool.
5. Add egg into the mixture. Stuff the mixture in the hollowed-out milk fish skin. Sew its head back onto its body.
6. Coat the fish with flour.
7. In a deep pan, heat oil about 3 inches deep over medium heat. Fry fish for 5-10mins or until the skin is