Afritada is a tomato-based stew that is similar to chicken curry, but instead of using curry powder, it uses tomato sauce.
1 piece Chicken Broth Cubes
3 pieces Bay Leaves
1 kilogram Chicken (you can also use pork or beef meat) cubed
1 medium Bell Pepper cut into strips
1 piece Carrot slice into wedges
2 medium size Potatoes quartered
0 Fish Sauce to Taste
0 Salt and Pepper
3 tablespoon Oil
5 cloves Garlic
1 medium size chopped Onion
How to Cook
1. In a large pot, boil beef in water just enough to cover it. Cook for about 30 minutes to 1 hour( If using beef or pork meat, cook it for 1 hour to 1 hour and 30 minutes), or until tender.
2. Remove chicken cubes and set aside. Set broth aside.
3. In a large pot, sauté garlic, onions, and tomatoes. Add bell pepper and cook for 2 minutes until soft.
4. Add the chicken broth and chicken cubes and pour in the tomato sauce.
5. Add potatoes, carrots, and bay leaves. Season with salt and pepper and continue to simmer for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.