Roast chicken can be seen in every part of the Philippines. An alternative meal that is hearty and healthy.
1 whole Chicken
2 teaspoon Thyme
1 teaspoon Rosemary
0.333333 clove Garlic
1 tablespoon Flour
0.25 tablespoon Milk
2 teaspoon Rock Salt
1 teaspoon Pepper
How to Cook
1. Preheat turbo broiler or oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix salt, pepper, thyme, and rosemary in a small bowl.
3. Clean and dry chicken, making sure the chicken cavity is dry.
4. Place the chicken in a baking pan, breast side up. Rub butter all over the chicken, as well as the cavity walls. Sprinkle seasoning, do not forget the bird's cavity.
5. Bake for an hour in an oven or turbo broiler.
6. Turn the heat up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 10 minutes or until the skin is golden brown and crispy.
7. Use the juice accumulated from the chicken to make gravy by heating it in a pan and adding flour and milk. Stir until the gravy thickens. Serve immediately.