Traditionally kaldereta uses goat meat and calf liver, it incorporates their flavor in tomato stew giving kaldereta its distinct flavor.
1 kilogram Goat (you can also use pork and beef meat) slice thinly
0.5 cup Liver Spread
2 cup Beef Broth
1 cup Tomato Sauce
1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
2 cup Potatoes cubed
2 cup Carrots cubed
3 pieces Bay Leaves
1 small Red Pepper
1 small Green Bell Pepper
0 Salt and Pepper
0.25 cup Cooking Oil
3 cloves Garlic
How to Cook
1. Heat oil in a large pan. Fry potatoes for 5 minutes, add bell pepper and carrots and cook for another 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove and set aside.
2. Add goat in a pan and stir fry until all sides are brown. Remove and set aside
3. In the same pan, sauté garlic and onions until translucent, then mix in the chili flakes. Add fried goat back into the pan and stir.
4. Add tomato sauce and liver spread in the pan, and then stir in water and bay leaf. Bring to boil and then simmer for 1 hour or until the meat is tender.
5. Add potatoes, carrots, and bell pepper and continue to simmer for 6-8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.