Red Velvet with cream chese frosting
Red velvet cake is actually a chocolate cake with red food dye in it. The traditional red velvet cake uses beetroot to color its cake red.
1 cup Unsalted Butter at room temperature
0.25 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
2 cups All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoons Baking Soda
2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
2 Distilled Vinegar
1 tablespoon Red Food Coloring
1 cup Buttermilk
1 cup Unsalted Butter
1 cup Cream Cheese
4 cups Powdered Sugar
2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
0.5 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1.5 cups Sugar
2 Large Eggs
How to Cook
1. Preheat oven for 350 degree Fahrenheit. Line 2 8-inch pan with butter and then dust with flour.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla, vinegar, and food color.
3. In a large bowl, sift and whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add half of the flour mixture to the egg mixture. Add buttermilk and mix slowly until incorporated. Mix the rest of the flour mixture just until combined.
4. Divide the batter into 2 portions and pour it in the pans prepared earlier. Bake for 40-50mins or until cakes are cooked. Rest the cakes in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it. Cool completely before frosting.
5. To make the frosting, using an electric mixer, beat all ingredients together till light and fluffy. Apply frosting with a spatula and apply and even coat on all sides. Refrigerate cake for 30mins before serving.