Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut
Cinnamon sugar donuts and a cup of piping hot coffee always go great together. The sweetness of the donut complements the bitterness of the coffee.
2 1/2 hours
3.25 cups Flour
3 teaspoons Dried Yeast
1 cup Milk warmed
3 pieces Egg Yolks
0 Pinch of Salt
0.25 cup Caster Sugar
100 grams melted Butter
0 to deep-fry Canola Oil
0 Cinnamon Sugar
1 cup Caster Sugar
2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
How to Cook
1. Combine flour, sugar, salt, and yeast in a medium size bowl. Add milk, butter, and eggs on the middle and continue to mix until it resembles a dough.
2. Knead dough until smooth. Place in a greased bowl and cover. Proof for 1 ½ hours or until dough has doubled.
3. Mix cinnamon and sugar for cinnamon-sugar mixture.
4. Punch down the dough and roll to 1 centimeter thick. Rest for 5 minutes before cutting dough into 8 centimeter disc. Rest for 15 minutes.
5. Heat oil in a large saucepan. Fry doughnuts for 40 seconds each side or until dough is puffy and golden brown in color.
6. Coat in cinnamon sugar mixture. Serve hot.