Spinach Cream Cheese Crepe
Crepe is a kind of pancake that is paper thin. Although Crepe originated from France, Japan was the first country to incorporate savory fillings with their crepe.
1 cup Flour
0.5 cup Milk
2 tablespoons Butter melted
2 medium Eggs
4 ounces Cream Cheese
1 ounces Butter
0.5 cup Mushrooms
1 cup Spinach
1 teaspoon Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley minced
1 teaspoon Fresh Thyme minced
2 cloves minced Garlic
0.5 cup Water
0.25 teaspoon Salt
How to Cook
1. In a boil of boiling water, add 1 teaspoon salt. Blanch spinach for 2 minutes. Drain, chop, and cool.
2. Sauté mushrooms and garlic for 2 minutes in medium fire. Chop and set aside to cool.
3. Whip cream cheese and cheese, add a dash of salt and pepper. Add parsley and thyme. Add spinach and mushrooms. Set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs and flour together. Add milk and water 1 tablespoon at a time. Stir In butter and salt until mixture is smooth.
5. Heat a lightly oiled pan on medium fire. Pour ¼ cup of the mixture in the pan and swirl around till the batter coats most of the pan. Cook for 2 minutes and then flip and cook for 20 seconds.
6. Add 2 tablespoon of whipped cream cheese in the middle, fold sides. Serve hot.